Please note that our website and other digital platforms may contain links to third party websites / digital platforms which are provided for your convenience. We are only responsible for the privacy practices and security of our own digital platforms. We recommend that you check the privacy and security policies and procedures of each and every other website / digital platform that you visit.
Lancashire Cricket Club
Emirates Old Trafford
Information we collect and what we use it for
In broad terms, we use your data for the following purposes:
- to administer and provide products and services you request or have expressed an interest in;
- to enable us to administer any competitions or other offers/promotions which you enter into;
- to communicate with you in the event that any products or services you have requested are unavailable;
- for fraud screening and prevention purposes;
- for record keeping purposes;
- to carry out market research so that we can improve the products and services we offer
- to track your activity on our digital platforms;
- to create an individual profile for you so that we can understand and respect your preferences;
- to personalise and improve your experience on our digital platforms;
- to personalise and/ tailor any communications that we may send you;
- for profiling purposes to enable us to personalise and/or tailor any marketing communications that you may consent to receive from us.
When we provide you with products or services we may collect and store any personal information that you provide to us. We may, for example, keep a record of your name, address, delivery address, email address, telephone number and payment card details. We may also record details of any disability or health needs you may have at the time of booking an event or service which will take place at the stadium or any of our other premises to help to ensure your comfort and safety.
When you sign up with us for an online account, register to receive marketing communications from us (and/or our sponsors and partners), enter one of our competitions, fill in one of our forms (whether online or offline) or otherwise expressly provide us with your personal information, we may collect and store any personal information that you provide to us and may use it to personalise and improve your experience on our digital platforms, provide products and services you request from us, and carry out profiling and market research.
When you interact with our digital platforms, we may also automatically collect the following information about your visit. This is primarily to help us better understand how our fans use our digital platforms to enable us create better content and more relevant communications:
In relation to some/all of the above, we may need to appoint other organisations to carry out some of the data processing activities on our behalf. These may include, for example, payment processing organisations, delivery organisations, fraud prevention and screening and credit risk management companies, and mailing houses.
The legal basis for collecting and using your personal information
Most of the time the information you provide us with will be used by us to provide you with our products and services, such as:
- Processing and/or assessing an application for a product or service;
- Administering and managing products and services relating to that;
- Updating your records;
- Sharing your personal information with payment services providers when that is required in order to process your payment for a product or service;
- All stages and activities relevant to managing the product or service including enquiry, application and administration (including notifications about matches which you are due to attend being postponed, cancelled etc.)
On other occasions we will use your personal information because it is in our legitimate interests to do so:
- To perform, test the performance of our products, services and internal processes;
- To adhere to guidance and best practice under the regimes of governmental and regulatory bodies;
- For management and audit of our business operations including accounting;
- To carry out monitoring and to keep records of our communications with you and our staff (see below);
- To administer our good governance requirements, such as internal reporting and compliance obligations or administration required for AGM processes;
- For market research and analysis and developing statistics;
- For direct marketing communications and profiling to help offer you relevant products and service;
- Subject to the appropriate controls, to provide insight and analysis of our customers helping us improve products or services, or assess or improve the operating of our businesses;
- For some of our profiling and other automated decision making;
- When we share your personal information with these other people or organisations other than for providing products and services to you, as necessary for running our business or to comply with legal or regulatory obligations.
Finally we may also use your personal information where we have your explicit consent to use it for a particular purpose:
- For some direct marketing communications;
- For some of our profiling and other automated decision making;
- For some of our processing of special categories of personal data such as about your health.
News, offers and opportunities from us and our sponsors and partners (which we provide only with your consent)
We want you to be the first to know about new signings, competitions, club news, ticket availability and occasional offers from official sponsors and partners. For a full list of current partners and sponsors, please click here. If you haven’t already signed up to receive these exciting benefits please click here. You can unsubscribe by clicking here, or by writing to us at the address above. Please note, if you don’t choose to receive this information, we will be unable to keep you informed of new services, products, events or special offers that may interest you and our ability to inform you of ticketing opportunities may be affected. An up-to-date list of our sponsors and partners is available below. If you express an interest in an offer from one of our sponsors or partners, they may let us know.
Disclosure of your information
We may share your data with advertising networks and/or social media platforms for the purposes of selecting and serving relevant adverts to you via those networks/platforms, and to search engine and analytics providers.
As well as sharing your data with sponsors and partners (with your consent, as referred to above) and third parties that we use to assist us with our operations (as described in Information we collect and what we use it for above) we may also share your data with third parties if:
- we are under a legal or regulatory duty to do so;
- to lawfully assist the police or security services with the prevention and detection of crime or terrorist activity;
- where such disclosure is necessary to protect the safety or security of any persons, and/or
otherwise as permitted under applicable law.
In all instances where we disclose your information to third parties, we will ensure that your information is appropriately protected.
In common with many other website operators, we use standard technology called 'cookies' on our website. Cookies are small pieces of information that are stored by your browser on your computer's hard drive and they are used to record how you navigate this website on each visit.
Security of information
We take the security of your personal information seriously. When you submit your credit card details to us, we use industry standard Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) encryption technology to guard your information. In addition, we have security procedures in place to protect our paper based systems and computerised databases from loss and misuse, and only allow access to them when it is absolutely necessary to do so, and then under strict guidelines as to what use may be made of the personal information contained within them.
Where a password is required to access certain areas of our digital platforms, you are responsible for keeping your password secure and confidential. Please do not share or disclose your password to any other person.
We may monitor or record telephone calls for security purposes and to improve the quality of services that we provide to you.
Please note that for your safety and security, CCTV is in operation in all of our premises which are open to the public.
What about other automated decision making?
We sometimes make decisions about you using only technology, where none of our employees or any other individuals have been involved. For instance, we may do this to decide whether to offer you a product or service or to assess what payment methods we can offer you.
For how long is your personal information retained by us?
Unless we explain otherwise to you, we will hold your personal information for the following periods:
- For as long as our business needs;
- For as long as we have an obligation to provide goods and/or services to you and/or retention in accordance with legal and regulatory requirements.
If you would like further information about our data retention practices, contact us.
More about your information - your rights
Here is a list of the rights that all individuals have under data protection laws. They do not apply in all circumstances. If you wish to exercise any of them we will explain at that time if they are engaged or not. The right of data portability is only relevant from May 2018.
- The right to be informed about your processing of your personal information;
- The right to have your personal information corrected if it is inaccurate and to have incomplete personal information completed;
- The right to object to processing of your personal information;
- The right to restrict processing of your personal information;
- The right to have your personal information erased (the “right to be forgotten”);
- The right to request access to your personal information and to obtain information about how we process it;
- The right to move, copy or transfer your personal information (“data portability”);
- Rights in relation to automated decision making which has a legal effect or otherwise significantly affects you.
Where to make a complaint
Information Commissioner's Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9 5AF
You can also contact the Information Commissioner’s Office using their online form: https://ico.org.uk/global/contact-us/email/