NatWest T20 Blast 2017 Fixtures Announced
2017 NatWest T20 Blast Fixtures
Lancashire Lightning’s fixtures for the 2017 NatWest T20 Blast campaign have been announced ahead of the new season.
The 2015 Champions will start the 2017 NatWest T20 Blast campaign away at Durham Jets on Friday 7th July, a week before the first instalment of the highly anticipated Roses clash between Lancashire Lightning and Yorkshire Vikings at Emirates Old Trafford on Friday 14th July. The return fixture will take place on Friday 11th August at Headingley.
Lancashire Lightning’s NatWest T20 Blast fixture list
- Friday 7th July – Durham Jets v Lancashire Lightning – Emirates Riverside
- Sunday 9th July – Lancashire Lightning v Leicestershire Foxes – tbc
- Friday 14th July – Lancashire Lightning v Yorkshire Vikings – Emirates Old Trafford
- Sunday 16th July – Lancashire Lightning v Derbyshire Falcons – tbc
- Friday 21st July – Worcestershire Rapids v Lancashire Lightning – New Road
- Sunday 23rd July – Lancashire Lightning v Durham Jets – Emirates Old Trafford
- Tuesday 25th July – Derbyshire Falcons v Lancashire Lightning – The 3aaa County Ground
- Friday 28th July – Lancashire Lightning v Notts Outlaws – Emirates Old Trafford
- Sunday 30th July – Birmingham Bears v Lancashire Lightning – Edgbaston
- Thursday 3rd August – Northants Steelbacks v Lancashire Lightning – County Ground, Northampton
- Friday 4th August – Leicestershire Foxes v Lancashire Lightning – The Fischer County Ground
- Friday 11th August – Yorkshire Vikings v Lancashire Lightning – Headingley
- Wednesday 16th August – Lancashire Lightning v Worcestershire Rapids – Emirates Old Trafford
- Friday 18th August – Lancashire Lightning v Birmingham Bears – Emirates Old Trafford
Lancashire Lightning have bolstered the squad ahead of the new season in a bid to reclaim the NatWest T20 Blast title, with Ryan McLaren and Australian all-rounder James Faulkner signing for Lightning for the 2017 campaign.
The side’s final game of the group stages will be a re-run of the 2014 NatWest T20 Blast final against Birmingham Bears whilst Finals Day this year will be at the later date of Saturday 2nd September.
Captain Steven Croft said: “The announcement of next summer’s fixtures certainly sharpens the focus and it’s an exciting time of the year. We’re back in training and working hard ahead of the upcoming season.
“Lifting the NatWest T20 Blast trophy in 2015 at Edgbaston was one of the best days of my life and we’re all desperate to get back there next year.”
Chief Executive Daniel Gidney commented, “We are really looking forward to having the NatWest T20 Blast campaign in July and August which will enable more children to attend our home fixtures next summer during the school holidays. Our Season Ticket represents fantastic value for just £70 for seven home games including the Yorkshire Vikings game, which has sold out for the last three years.
“We are also looking forward to developing our T20 double header after last year’s success of hosting a Lancashire Thunder fixture before Lancashire Lightning took on Birmingham Bears.”
The Club is keen to take the ever-growing T20 format further afield in Lancashire, and to offer more supporters further away from Emirates Old Trafford the opportunity to access the shortest form of the game. With this in mind, Blackpool CC will host one NatWest T20 Blast fixture for the first time on either 9th/16th July against Leicestershire Foxes or Derbyshire Falcons respectively. An update will be provided in due course on the confirmation of dates around the Blackpool T20 fixture.
This will be the first time in seven years Lancashire has played a domestic T20 at an outground and a combination of Blackpool’s excellent recent record of driving attendances and with the fixtures now in the height of summer has given us this opportunity.
“We have always been keen to take T20 cricket around Lancashire as we have a commitment to grow, nurture and develop cricket and to strengthen links with recreational cricket (where T20 as a format is delivering higher player retention rates) across the Red Rose County so we’re thrilled that a NatWest T20 Blast clash will be held at Blackpool CC and will confirm soon which fixture will be hosted at Emirates Old Trafford and at Blackpool in early July,” added Gidney.
Season Tickets for Lancashire Lightning’s NatWest T20 Blast campaign will go on sale on Thursday 1st December, whilst tickets go on general sale for individual games in early 2017.
Supporters can secure their seats for Lancashire Lightning v Yorkshire Vikings in the NatWest T20 Blast early with a special VIP Ticket from Thursday 1st December for £79.
The Club is also delighted to announce that Lancashire will play three games across all formats next year at Blackpool CC, Southport & Birkdale CC and Liverpool CC. Further details on this, and the full fixture list will be announced at midnight.