Buttler named in England ODI squad for New Zealand
Jos Buttler named in England ODI squad for New Zealand tour
England National Cricket Selectors have named the following 15-man squad for the five-match ODI series against New Zealand which starts on Sunday 25 February at Seddon Park, Hamilton.
Joining the squad will be Lancashire’s Jos Buttler, who is a regular for England in One-Day Internationals and will no doubt look to follow on from his impressive form during his time in Australia when the Three Lions face New Zealand.
Check out England's 15-man squad versus New Zealand in the upcoming ODI Series below.
- Eoin Morgan (Middlesex) (Capt.)
- Moeen Ali (Worcestershire)
- Jonathan Bairstow (Yorkshire)
- Sam Billings (Kent)
- Jos Buttler (Lancashire)
- Tom Curran (Surrey)
- Alex Hales (Nottinghamshire)
- Liam Plunkett (Yorkshire)
- Adil Rashid (Yorkshire)
- Joe Root (Yorkshire)
- Jason Roy (Surrey)
- Ben Stokes (Durham)
- David Willey (Yorkshire)
- Chris Woakes (Warwickshire)
- Mark Wood (Durham)
Ben Stokes's involvement is subject to any court obligations in relation to the incident in Bristol in September and his travel arrangements are yet to be confirmed.
Chairman of Selectors James Whitaker, said:
“On behalf of the England Selectors I'd like to congratulate head coach Trevor Bayliss and captain Eoin Morgan on their victory in the Gillette ODI series over Australia.
"Our ODI side has made excellent progress over the last three years and it's encouraging to see with the 2019 World Cup on the horizon.
"We're sure to encounter strong opposition in New Zealand but it's another opportunity for the team to test themselves and to continue playing entertaining cricket.
“I would like to wish everyone involved in the squad the best of luck."
- First ODI: Sunday February 25 v New Zealand, Seddon Park, Hamilton (2pm Local Time)
- Second ODI: Wednesday February 28 v New Zealand, Bay Oval, Tauranga (2pm Local Time)
- Third ODI: Saturday March 3 v New Zealand, Westpac Stadium, Wellington (2pm Local Time)
- Fourth ODI: Wednesday March 7 v New Zealand, University of Otago Oval, Dunedin (11am Local Time)
- Fifth ODI: Saturday March 10 v New Zealand, Hagley Oval, Christchurch (11am Local Time)
Watch ODI cricket in Manchester: England v Australia
In 2018, England will welcome Australia to Emirates Old Trafford for the fifth and final One-Day International on Sunday 24 July.
Currently all regular seats are SOLD OUT.
However if you are interested in buying tickets for this fixture, you can join our waiting list to be the first to find out if tickets become available.