COVID-19 Update: Lancashire Cricket
Lancashire Cricket Update: COVID-19
The season remains subject to ongoing advice from Government and health experts, and continued consultation with all broadcast partners to determine the optimum way to fulfil fixtures both domestically and internationally.
The ECB Board approved the following measures:
- Professional cricket will not be played in England and Wales until at least July 1
- Nine rounds of fixtures will be lost in the County Championship season, but blocks for red-ball cricket and white-ball cricket will be held in a revised schedule
- The Vitality Blast will be pushed as late in the season as possible to give it the best opportunity of being staged. All matches previously scheduled in June will be moved later in the season
- International cricket, featuring England men’s and women’s teams, will look to be scheduled from July until the end of September, with the West Indies Test Series and the whole women’s series against India (Vitality IT20s and Royal London ODIs) both moving from their original slots
- An additional Board meeting will be scheduled next Wednesday on The Hundred, following a request to dedicate a further session to the competition
Please refer to the information below following the ECB season update and how this impacts Members, supporters and visitors at Lancashire Cricket, Emirates Old Trafford.
Lancashire Cricket Members
To our Lancashire Cricket Members, we appreciate your support, patience and understanding in what is a difficult situation for everyone. In these tough times we need your support.
COVID-19 has meant an almost complete loss of all of our revenue streams. We have responded decisively by taking a number of actions:
- All apart from a handful of essential workers have been working from home since the lockdown was announced. There has been a clear focus on the health and welfare of our staff and, as of this date, there have thankfully been no confirmed cases of COVID-19 amongst our staff.
- We have been regularly communicating with all staff, players, Members and other stakeholders. In tough times communication is vital and we have increased our messaging accordingly.
- We have furloughed a large proportion of our non-playing staff to save costs and we are imposing strict cost constraints on all aspects of the Club.
- We decided not to furlough players but rather to keep in regular contact with them to support them at home with their tailored training, strength and conditioning programmes. Just as important the players, as you probably know, have been demonstrating the spirit of our Club by their contact with Members through phone calls, and their mainstream, website and social media output which we hope Members have enjoyed.
- All staff who have not been furloughed, non-players and players alike, have agreed to a 20% pay cut from 1 May. This will be kept under review.
Throughout the last few tumultuous weeks everyone connected with the Club has shown genuine unity and the resolve to get through this together. We are sure that all Members recognise the importance of this unity. By remaining cohesive, our Club will be ready and strong for the good times that will come.
Once we have further clarity from the ECB on what the 2020 season will look like we will be in touch with all Members to confirm the dates of the domestic and international fixtures to be played at Emirates Old Trafford and how this will affect your current membership.
The good news, is that it’s increasingly likely that cricket will be played at Emirates Old Trafford later this summer and we will keep you up-to-date with all the latest information as and when we receive it from the ECB.
Should you wish to contact the Club, as we are operating a skeleton staff working from home, it would greatly assist us if you have any queries, please contact our hotel team directly on 0161 868 7105 or email HotelFrontDesk@lancashirecricket.co.uk who will be able to provide assistance.
Domestic Ticket and Hospitality Bookers (County Championship, One-Day and T20)
We are working closely with the ECB to develop a revised schedule of domestic fixtures, which would see our matches moved to later in the season providing that it is safe for cricket to return.
If you purchased a match ticket(s), including general admission, hospitality or hotel stay, to a Lancashire Cricket home fixture you do not need to do anything at this stage.
We will contact all ticket buyers once we have received full fixture details from the ECB and your tickets will remain valid for the revised schedule.
If you would like discuss your booking for one of Lancashire Cricket’s 2020 fixtures please contact email@example.com for general admission tickets or firstname.lastname@example.org for hospitality tickets.
International Ticket and Hospitality Bookers
If are you are a ticket holder (general admission, hospitality and hotel) for the England v Australia IT20 or England v Pakistan Test match at Emirates Old Trafford this summer, you do not need to do anything at this stage.
We are working with the ECB to determine when fixtures will be played at Emirates Old Trafford in 2020.
Your tickets are still valid and the Club will contact you in the event that a fixture is re-scheduled to a new date. If, once a revised date has been announced, you find that you are unable to attend we will again be in touch with the process that you need to follow.
If you would like discuss your booking for one of England’s 2020 fixtures at Emirates Old Trafford, please contact email@example.com for general admission tickets or firstname.lastname@example.org for hospitality tickets.
Lancashire Cricket Official Store
The Club’s Shop at Emirates Old Trafford is also closed, although online orders can be placed at lancashirecricket.co.uk/store and we will continue to fulfil and deliver as we currently operate.
Hilton Garden Inn Emirates Old Trafford
Given the current Government advice, and the well being of our visitors and staff, we have taken the decision to temporarily suspend operations at our on-site Hilton Garden Inn hotel, until the Government advise us it is safe to continue operating.
For any hotels guests who are booked in the hotel over the coming weeks, please note that you will receive correspondence directly from Hilton on your stay with further details. For guests who have not cancelled their reservation prior to arrival, our team will be in touch to discuss next steps.
Hotel bookings towards the end of the year are still open. Click here to book your stay.
If you have any queries, please contact our team directly on 0161 868 7105 or email Hotelfrontdesk@lancashirecricket.co.uk who will be able to assist further.
Conference and Events
Following advice from the Government and to ensure the safety of our team, customers and general public, and to support the NHS and emergency services, Emirates Old Trafford is currently closed and our events team are working remotely from home.
However this does not stop our commitment to supporting our colleagues across the events community, and our team are still available to discuss any existing or future bookings at email@example.com
Whilst the events may have paused, we are still seeing a level of interest from September this year with many organisers postponing to this period.
We have also pulled together a support hub for event organisers which includes useful resources from the events industry, top tips for working from home and other updates from the Club. This can be found via our COVID-19 Venue Guide page.