Lancashire Legends: Neil Fairbrother
In the second episode of the new Legends series, Warren Hegg enjoys a fascinating catch up with former captain Neil Fairbrother
Red Rose legend and former England international, Neil Fairbrother, is Warren Hegg's special guest in the second episode of the Lancashire Legends series.
Fairbrother, who made nearly 750 appearances for Lancashire in all formats, joins Hegg in an intimate chat about some of his favourite moments from an illustrious career with the Red Rose.
Among the topics of discussion are:
- How Fairbrother was called from his bed at 9am by Jack Bond to make his Lancashire debut
- Walking out to bat with tears in his eyes during Sir Clive Lloyd's final appearance
- Being part of the famous Kings of One-Day Cricket team - and what made them a great side
- How they secured the signature of Wasim Akram
- Wasim Akram's legendary five-for against Leicestershire - in pumps!
- Celebrating success alongside a core of Lancashire homegrown players
- The effect of the groundsman during his time at the Club, Pete Marron
Fairbrother also discusses the greatest English Lancashire One-Day XI he played with during his time.
It was the second in the series following last week's discussion with Ian Austin, with more Red Rose favourites set to appear over the coming weeks.
Watch the full, exclusive interview below.