Director of Cricket Performance
Lancashire Cricket are looking for a Game Changer. An innovator and disruptor who is a proven leader in the field of elite sports high performance. Either from within Cricket or from outside but with demonstrable transferrable skills. Do you have what it takes to join the team and dramatically accelerate the run rate?
The vision for Lancashire Cricket is to become the best place to enjoy cricket in the world. A key pillar of Lancashire Cricket’s strategy is to build strong elite Teams (Men’s and Women’s) winning tournaments, targeting a minimum of seven players developed from the local pathway. The Director of Cricket Performance will oversee the entire pathway from elite through to representative age groups.
With responsibility for the development, management and results of all Lancashire Cricket programmes and initiatives and for the planning and execution of development programmes capable of producing future international calibre cricketers. In addition to this, driving participation through 1000 schools across the North West is a key ambition of Lancashire Cricket and this role will support and drive that ambition.
A strategic thinker and planner with strong analytical skills and a leader who can demonstrate a real passion and focus for building sustainable high-performance programs.
Chair of Lancashire Cricket, and Chief Executive of the British Olympic Association, Andy Anson, talks about the Director of Cricket Performance vacancy:
Lancashire Cricket covers all elite and recreational cricket across the North-West from North Wales up to Scotland.
A first-class county since 1864 with enviable history and heritage and a world class international venue at Emirates Old Trafford in Manchester as its centre of excellence and performance hub.
High Performance Strategy & Lancashire Player Pathway
- Develop and lead the implementation of a high-performance strategy for Lancashire Cricket Men’s and Women’s
- Develop annual periodised development and pathway plans to the 1st team for the following: Men’s and Women’s 1st teams and 2nd teams, Academy and representative cricket age group teams
- Develop and monitor annual talent identification – to include scouting and recruitment plans
- Lead on creating an robust strategy for coach education and development
Elite 1st Team strategic support
- Support Lancashire Cricket men’s and women’s Head Coaches in identifying talent in respect of 1st team squads
- Support the Chief Executive with player contract negotiations and associated contract administration
- Oversee the delivery of individual performance improvement plans for elite men and women
- Work with the Medical Director to support on Lancashire sport science/medicine programmes
Recreational Cricket Growth Strategy
- Develop and implement plan to support the Lancashire Cricket Foundation strategic objectives in relation to:
- State schools engagement and participation
- Support accelerated growth of participation county-wide
- Oversee the pathway between cricket centres of excellent and age group programmes up to under 13 age to transition to the Club pathway
- Overall management responsibility for the Lancashire Cricket department – coaching management, medical, cricket administration support, indoor cricket centre, head groundsman and grounds
- Control of cricket department budget
- Work with the CEO and commercial team on pre-season tour
- Play a key role as a member of the Executive team, supporting colleagues in delivering the Club’s strategic objectives
- Support Partnerships and Sales with the Club’s commercial objectives, such as ticket sales, sponsors, player appearances, digital activation
- Work with the Operations Director in implementing a cricket infrastructure facilities strategy
Key position requirements
- Experience of leading a team operating in an elite sports environment
- Significant knowledge and leadership experience in developing and implementing professional high-performance strategies and systems
- Track record of producing high performing players/sports people at all levels/ages
- Excellent understanding of player development, talent identification.
- Experience of working at a senior level – Senior Management position and Board.
- Highly developed leadership and management skills
- Strategic thinker – can establish a vision, provide direction and inspire
- Strong planning and organisation skills
- Strong set of personal values which are aligned with Lancashire Cricket’s values of driven, unified, welcoming and grounded.
Please take a look at the full Job Description and if you meet the requirements of this role please apply by sending your full CV and salary expectations for the attention of Joanne Hunt, HR Director to firstname.lastname@example.org Closing date for applications will be 16th July 2021.
Lancashire Cricket’s ambition is to work towards promoting a more inclusive environment, which attracts all candidates and signals our commitment to celebrate and promote diversity.